www.rcracing.co.nz

Capital Model Racers Forums
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:28 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Introducing myself!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:13 am 
is not quite addicted.... yet

Hi everyone, my name is Ray (Raymond van der Veen), you might have seen me at the track over the weekend, the tall'ish guy with a tattoo on his arm asking heaps of questions =]

I have a 1/8 MP9 TKI3 Nitro Buggy ready set which I got from Dave at top shelf, still very new to RC and am looking at expanding in to on-road soon too, thanks to the guys at the track for answering questions and for Mark(?) letting me have my first on road experience with one of his cars!

A little bit about me... I'm 26, I work in IT in town doing help desk, graphic design and a lot of other bits and pieces, small company so it's a pretty versatile role (Medical Council of New Zealand)

I play a few instruments, mainly guitar and drums, but other than that I love to tinker with anything, which will come in handy with RC from what I have seen!

A few of my interests are, Car audio (or audio in general), Graphic design, music, computers/electronics, a few video games, and now RC.

Anyway it's been great meeting people so far and I look forward to racing with you all in future =]

Post subject: Re: Introducing myself!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:06 pm 

Welcome to the club mate :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:27 pm 
has too much spare time

Hey,

Nice to meet you last week. Have you learnt the joys of cleaning a off roader yet? lol

Text me if you are keen to race one of my on-roaders this weekend, hire charge is one flat white.

Neil

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:45 pm 
Hi Ray..

Good to meet you. It was my car you were driving, glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Are you coming up on Sunday if we are racing..? If you are i will put together a stock class car for you if this is of interest to you or you can run one of Neil's.... Do you have a Transponder and a 7.4 2s lipo..?

Cheers,

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:01 pm 

Thanks Mark, yes it was great fun! I was actually really bloody surprised at how fun it was... probably helped that your car handled like a dream... sorry about the body... bit scratched up after my attempt :P

Neil - Yes... 10 minutes on the track = 1 hour of cleaning from what I can gather haha.

Yes I will be there, even if it's just to watch!

Sorry Mark, no I don't have anything like that just yet, the Lipo that I have is for my starter box so I don't think that one will do the trick.

I'm perfectly happy to sit back and watch/marshal... I am going up to see Dave tonight for a couple parts, so I may look at getting a TT-02 depending how quickly I can have it up and running, as I understand I need to get a battery and servo(?) I think, on top of it, and I have only just recently purchased my off-road buggy so my savings are looking a little sorry right now :P

I will definitely be there both days this weekend if there are people there, hoping they haven't started working on the off road track just yet lol.